Written by: Girish N P
Everybody is consumer in a way or other. But, it's pathetic that only few are aware of their rights.
Why it's important to know consumer right?
Well, the simplest answer is to get rid of deception by cheater.
What actually is Consumer Right?
It's an exclusive right of the end user as prescribed by the law of a country. Hence, consumer rights vary from country to country.
What's new now?
Because of the emerging technologies and COVID19 like unexpected situations, every government is regulating to the future scenario. Thus a reforming, revolutionary and resolving consumer rights is very much in need.
A recent case study by iconsumer.in shows a magnificent number of 33 Consumer Rights! The analysis included top economics of the world, middle income and low income category. A total of 49 countries were taken into consideration.
Here is the list: -
33 Consumer Rights across the globe
1. Right to Safety
2. Right to be Informed
3. Right to Choose
4. Right to be Heard
5. Right to Seek redress
6. Right to Consumer Education
7. Right to a healthy environment
8. Right to satisfaction of basic needs
9. Right to file a Consumer Complaint from anywhere
10. Right to seek compensation under product liability
11. Right to protect consumers as a class
12. Right to seek a hearing using video conferencing
13. Right to know the reason for complaint rejection
14. Right to Truthful Advertising
15. Right to have faulty goods repaired or replaced
16. Right to contracts without unfair clauses
17. Right to return most goods purchased online within 14 days
18. Right to free assistance from European Consumer Centers
19. Right to access goods and services on the same terms as local customer
20. Right to change your mind
21. Right to refund for delayed or non-delivery
22. Off-Premise Purchases Rights
23. Store Purchase Rights
24. Air Passenger Rights
25. Rail Passenger Rights
26. Maritime Travel Rights
27. Road Travel Rights
28. Package Travel Rights
29. Accommodation Rights
30. Right of Fair Deal
31. Right that Human Dignity is respected
32. Right to exercise supervision
33. Right to Privacy
Some of the key findings of study are:
The highest priority of all 49 countries was found to be the safety of the consumers.
The basis of all the consumer rights is guidelines set by United Nations.
Few of the countries don't have consumer rights. And some have laws on consumer protection.
Fascinated to read more in detail
Check out the link here